VDP Daily Dialog — 2026-08-30_1530
VDP Daily Dialog — 2026-08-30_1530
This entry records a NotebookLM-generated VDP Audio/Video Overview.
The overview is AI-generated and may contain interpretation errors.
Today’s work moved the project forward in a few concrete ways:
• Narrowed the current VDP experiment toward testing one civic issue through a transparent, auditable citizen-to-representative process
• Began documenting the project's WHY, PROBLEM, HYPOTHESIS, BOUNDARY, CURRENT EXPERIMENT, and NEXT ACTION
• Began building a daily publication process so project progress can be documented publicly rather than disappearing into private notes and experiments
• A continuing design concern is ensuring that AI helps citizens communicate and reason without becoming a new political gatekeeper
• Continued inventorying the local VDP infrastructure, including BASEMENTONE file-server access, storage, and remote administration
• Created 3 scheduled automation tasks. One is a generalized backup to the BASMENTONE server. Another was a posting of NoteBookLM Podcast like audio to Youtube and the same audio to Blogger.
This remains a working civic-tech experiment: test narrowly, document what happens, and keep the technology accountable to the people using it.
I am a bit pumped about it because for a couple of reasons. Of late I have felt increasingly frustrated at the pace and disorganize nature of my progress - because I don't simply need to.
Well, I used the CRIT formula for creating a lengthy prompt to "Level-set" the effort. The thinking is to have CHAGPT work as a partner or as an assistant. I took that output and fed to NoteBookLM and asked it to Critique the idea in 3 minutes.
It provide valuable insights and directions. So, I set about from the top of the list and then followed tangents necessities. Like creating the backup. Setting up a remote connection to the basement was another thing. I may be able to walk 6 miles in a day, going up and down to the basement can be a pain in the ass.
After the setting up the backup - I thought - why not post AI generate notes on progress to YouTube, Blogger and the John Adam Facebook profile. Those are setup - but will need tweaking I'm sure.
Tomorrow, and not necessarily in this order.
1: I shoot to confirming today's efforts work.
2: Automate sending of the link to Cindy - somehow.
3: Continue to inventory
4: Resurrect the Dashboard. Add functionality to buttons to run powershell or bash to update processes from yesterday as needed.
Comments
Post a Comment